Sunday, January 26, 2020

Feedback Thoughts

Feedback Thoughts

By: Maria Dawson

This picture I found from Inkscape shows how feedback is more of a cycle to your story instead of a one-time thing.
The first post I read about was called, A fixed mindset could be holding you back — here's how to change it. I decided to read over this post because I know I suffer from having a certain thing in mind and sometimes do not know how I can change. In this post by Anna Kelsey-Sugg and Ann Arnold, they share ways on how you can change from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset. Some examples they gave include "acknowledge and embrace your weaknesses and view challenges as opportunities". These are two I struggle daily with because I feel like I should try and hide my flaws when instead I need to express them and know it is okay to have flaws. I also struggle with the second example because I often shut down or thing badly about myself when it comes to setbacks or challenges. This is the main thing I want to work on while taking this class because I know there will be challenges to writing stories and some days I will not know what to do. But once I finish I know I feel accomplished and ready to tackle a new problem. 

The second article I read was by Maria Popova called, Make Good Art: Neil Gaiman’s Advice on the Creative Life, Adapted by Design Legend Chip Kidd. While I did not choose this article because the author and I share the same name, while it might enhance the experience, I choose this because I want to learn how to be more creative. In my life, it is sometimes hard for me to come up with new ideas especially when I have never done this thing before such as writing stories in this class. This article says that you should not be scared to take new risks and take this opportunity to be more artistic in new ways. Since this is a new form of art for me I and scared but also excited to see what I can create. 

No comments:

Post a Comment