Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Reading Notes: Part A Rama: Avatar of Vishnu

Reading Notes
3. Rama: Avatar of Vishnu 
By: Maria Dawson
nature blossom plant flower petal botany flora wildflower close up temple vietnam macro photography flowering plant hoi an land plant the blue lotus
This picture by PXHERE is how I picture Rama in his cradle from the Epic. 
For this week's first reading the story that caught my eye by written by Donald A. Mackenzie in Indian Myth and Legend titled Rama: Avatar of Vishnu. There were a couple of main writing techniques I noticed from this author the first being the comparisons he drew to the story. For example, he says, "Rama was the most beautiful: lying in his white cradle he was like to a blue lotus bloom amidst the gleaming waves of the Ganges". The way he was able to create such a vivid picture from words inspires me to create my own work of art within my story for this week. The second thing I noticed in the writing is how each paragraph is written and how each one almost tells its own little story. Another detail provided to us by Laura was how she hyperlinked all the main characters as well as the items we might not be so familiar with. I will be sure to use this style when writing my own stories to ensure my readers are able to understand what I am saying. 

Bibliography: Indian Myth and Legend written by Donald A. Mackenzie chapter titled Rama: Avatar of Vishnu

No comments:

Post a Comment