Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Three Storybook Favorites:

Storybooks that caught my eye: 

By Maria Dawson

Letters to the Sky 
To start this project I found three storybooks with titles I found interesting since I am such a visual learner I tend to find myself gravitating to interesting words or pictures. The first one that caught my eye was called Letters to the Sky this certain story has 4 parts including an introduction, the fate of the moon, ruler of the night, and a light in the darkness. This author does a great job of explaining what exactly is going on in their story and provides details so you have a picture in your head of what is going on. This is primarily seen in the introduction where he or she is setting up the story and introducing characters they have a way of describing things that make you want to keep reading the story. As expected from the title this story is about letters that are written by people to the two most popular "stars" the sun and moon. Another thing I enjoyed about this post is the pictures they were able to find to help portray the image they have in their head. 

Camelot ER
I was drawn to Camelot ER  because I enjoy learning about emergency room stories and medicine in general. This storybook was very interesting because the author has provided charts of the main characters in the story and used this to relate it to his/her own story. This author did a fantastic job when relating the medical field to the story he is writing about. I have never seen a summary such as this and it made me want to read the entire patient’s chart to see what happened and how we can fix it.

Ghost Stories
I am also a major sucker for ghost stories and enjoy a good scary movie or other sorts from time to time. This is why my third story is Ghost Stories written by “The Alumnus” because he/she says it is going to haunt my dreams and I am here for that! The introduction of this story presents the reader with how these stories have been kept secret and want us to “find the truth” as seen in the picture seen at the bottom of the page. One of my main critics of this storybooks is how the tabs at the top do not seem to be in the order they are presented from left to right with “Introduction-Home-The Huff- The Bizz. However, there is only a title screen presented on the home tab, therefore, I would present this first in the tabs, so the readers do not have a break in the story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment