Sunday, January 26, 2020

Topic Brainstorm

BrainStorming for Projects
By: Maria Dawson 
I like this picture of brainstorming because you can produce so many ideas before one really sticks out to you. This picture is from OpenClipart.
For this project, I want to first focus on the previous categories I found interesting in week 1. The first one I enjoyed reading stories about was God and Goddesses. I find myself drawn to these particular types of stories because there is so much that can be done with them. For example, a god or goddess can be made out of anything such as the sky god or Tales of Vishnu: The Gentle God. I think there is a lot that can be done with this category which interests me because I have a hard time staying in one particular category.

I am also interested in writing about heroes and heroines for some of the same reasons as gods but also different reasons. While there are a lot of different stories when it comes to heroes and anyone can be a hero making it easy to write about. However, with this category, I feel more drawn too because I believe it would be easy for me to create new stories into modern-day stories with heroes, which is an aspect I enjoy. I found a post on the New York Times that intrigues me about how an old Indian epic can survive in the modern world. 

Going along with the modern aspect of the writing I want to create I would also enjoy taking this writing and mixing it with science. Another topic that caught my eye pertaining to this is the Geography of the Ramayana while this one might be tough to create an entire storybook out of I am always up for a challenge and I am interested in hearing the stories and creating my own spin on them. For example, Ayodhya is the birthplace of the Rama which would be very interesting to create a storybook on the different cites and what was born where. 

The last storybook topic I would be interested in writing over is Food. This topic would be interesting to write about because I feel like it could be overlooked in the involvement in the stories involved in it. For example, if you were reading over the story Hanuman where kheer plays a huge involvement within the story allowing the story to progress. I am also interested in how the food at festivals play a role in creating atmosphere and topics in a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment