Monday, January 20, 2020

Week 2 Reading Overview

Week 2: Intro into RamayanaBy: Maria Dawson 

Here is a picture represented Ramayana I found while browsing. By: Sarah Welch 

Of the two versions, we get to choose from to complete the reading over Ramayana I have chosen to focus on the public domain version. I want to focus on this version over the other one cause I am curious to read this because of the many different authors and styles for each episode instead of just one novel. I am more of a short story type of gal instead of reading one long main story. I find it fun to read different interruptions of the same storyline and this is primarily the reason I want to read this style of the Ramayana. 

When I first opened the comic book page my eyes immediately gravitated to the hero/heroines ta and knew I needed to choose one of these. I decided on Fa Hien: The Fearless Monk because when I think of a monk today I think of someone who keeps to themselves and I am very interested to hear his tales of fearlessness. The next comic I decided on was in the folktales tab and titled The Deadly Feast: Jataka Tales - Wisdom Conquers All because I am curious about the type of wisdom that is spread within this comic. The two videos I found the most interesting while browsing was: Ancient Technology - Atlantis and India and Revelations: Celebrating LGBTQ Stories Through Bharathanatyam Dance. I chose the ancient technology video because I am very interested to learn what type of technology or science-related items they had in ancient times. I chose the LGBTQ stories because I am very interested to see how this topic can be interpreted into dance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment