Tuesday, January 14, 2020

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place《 

 Padre Island, Corpus Christi, TX

This is a picture I captured of our chairs in the water

While my boyfriend, Austin, and I were on a work trip to San Antonio I planned a little getaway to Corpus Cristi so we could have some time just the two of us. During this weekend trip, we were driving around and looking for the best beach to waste the day away at. Most of the places we went to were packed (as it was summertime in Texas) so we kept driving until we reached Padre Island. Here we drove as far down as we could and it was beautiful with sand dunes, natural environments, and no buildings or population insight. However, the reason I hold this place so dear to my heart is because I truly feel like I fell in love with him all over again. 
 I took this and you can see the sand dunes as described earlier

Another amazing aspect of this trip that I enjoyed was all the wildlife we saw since South Padre Island is also a national wildlife refuge. Just in the short two days we spent at the beach we saw dolphins, sea turtles, and crabs just to name a few. 
Cutie pictured by NPS. gov

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that brings back memories, Maria! We used to go to Padre Island when I was a little kid (I was born in Austin). It's so nice to hear about that place bringing joy to people all these years later! And it is the wildlife that I remember best too, especially tiny little crabs that lived in the sand which mesmerized me when I was little. There are going to be all kinds of cool water creatures in the worlds of the Indian stories too: the first avatar of the god Vishnu was as a fish, Matsya, and the second was a turtle, Kurma ... by the time you meet Vishnu's avatar in the Ramayana, he is in human form: Rama!

    ReplyDelete