Monday, April 6, 2020

Biography: And Bingo Was His Name-o

This story takes us back 17 years ago when I was 7 years old, my 7th birthday to be exact. In the previous weeks, I had been dreaming of a pet that I could take care of, pet, and call my own. However, my dad did not think this was a good idea since my baby brother was only 3 years old. Fast-forward to the day of my 7th birthday. We had set the park up with decorations, my grandmother baked me a cake, and all my best friends were there. Wow, I remember this so vividly and it always makes me smile :)

I had just finished opening all my presents and stuffed full of cookie cake when my Aunt said there was one last gift. She and my cousin walked to her car and came back with a box. My heart started pumping I knew it must be a cute puppy or kitten I was so excited! When I opened the box this little baby cat said the cutest meow I have ever heard. My dad said there was no way he was coming home with us but I was already in love with him! Since my dad can not tell me know we took him home with so much joy in my heart.

This is Bingo and I playing with some new toys. This picture was taken by my mom. 

Later this night I was stuck going back and forth on what his proper name should be. I would never let his name stay Cat forever! At first, I thought he should be named Nick. Yes, that seemed fitting. And then I realized this was too proper for my kitten. Then I thought of the name Bingo. It was a perfect match.

And he lived out his life as a very happy kitty cat. Although, my dad always hated the name Bingo :)
This is my dad and BIngo. He eventually loved him. This picture was taken again from my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment