Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Reading Week 12 Twenty Jataka Tales (B)

I found this cute image that reminds me of Halloween as well. Picture from: Pixabay

For my second reading this week I was immediately drawn to the story titled The Goblin Town. This title reminds me of one of my favorite holidays Halloween. In a sense, this story reminds me of something a child would write for a Halloween theme story. In this story, some men shipwreck on an island and are greeted by women of the island. These women take in travelers and care for them. However, the twist is the women turn into goblins during the night.

I think this story is very original and a great read. If I was to choose this story to recreate this story into my own telling I would love to do it in a way that would be Halloween themed. For example, I could have a werewolf or other creature only come out on Halloween night. This would be a very fun story to write because the possibilities are endless for me when it comes to this subject in particular. This story also ends with one of my favorite ways which is by saying "They lived happily ever after". This is the best way to end a children's story in my book.

Bibliography:
Twenty Jataka Tales by Noor Inayat (Khan) Story The Goblin Town (1939) 

No comments:

Post a Comment