Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Reading Week 12 Twenty Jataka Tales (A)

This story tells about how important it is to stand up for what you believe in. Picture by: LPHR Group

For the next upcoming free reading, I have decided to mainly focus on stories I have enjoyed reading the most. Over the past few months, I found myself really able to buckle down and enjoy reading different Jataka Tales. I love working with children and reading the fun stories to them as well. I think by knowing about these tales I will be able to use them in my future. I think this because the tales are able to tell such a great story with good morals in a short amount of time.

I really enjoyed reading the story titles The Master's Test this week. In this story the is a teacher who is asking his pupils to steal for him because he is old and weak. All but one of the kids goes along with his plan. Instead of keeping to himself he brings his feelings up with the teacher and said, "There is always someone watching. Even when I am alone my self is watching." I think this is a great moral to teach to young kids who might be reading this. Learning about yourself and what you want to take out of life is a very important thing to learn. The style of this story captured me too because it feels like it was written many years ago. The author speaks very properly. I am more a laid back writer so speaking like this would be a new challenge I am up for.

Bibliography:
Twenty Jataka Tales by Noor Inayat (Khan) Story The Master's Test. 1939

No comments:

Post a Comment