Monday, April 20, 2020

Reading Notes: Savitri: The Perfect Wife

For this week's free reading notes I decided to take some notes on the last story in my storybook. I wanted to focus on my story this week because I am having a bit of trouble with knowing where I want to go. I am hoping my writing it all down I can come up with some new motivation. In my storybook, I talk about women's rights. Each of these stories I tell has a lot of meaning to me and every woman around the globe. With writing about such an important topic I am putting a lot of pressure on myself to create a great story.

Savitri: The Perfect Wife is a great story to wrap things up on my website because it is about knowing yourself. Savitri's story is inspiring to me because her story is about finding herself. Within this, she finds a man she really loves and wants to marry him. Despite her family saying she should not marry this man, she listens to herself and her wants and needs. I feel like this type of story happens very frequently still today. It is really tough when you are in love with someone and your family does not agree. But listening to your self is the most important thing. When it comes to women's rights we have had to work and struggle to have an opinion for ourselves. This is something women are still striving for today when it comes to the rights of our bodies. From here I thought of the idea to write a story about my body my choice movement. In my story I want to write about a woman who has decided to have children is just not for her. She decides she wants to get her tubes tied. However, because she is not married she is unable to get the procedure. This story is about her fight for the rights of her own body. Women should not have to get the permission of a man to get a procedure they want. In this story, Savitri is Kayla and instead of wanting to marry someone her father doesn't not like she is striving for women's rights. Savitri's father in this story is the protesters who think it is not moral to not give life a chance. The people who say "You might change your mind". 


Bibliography: 
Savitri: The Perfect Wife (Volume 511) by Anant Pai

While doing some more research I found that Savitri means "relating to the sun" in Sanskrit. Which brought in an inspiration to use a picture of a sunflower into this story to make this more feminine. 
I like this sunflower because to me it says it's okay to stand alone. Picture from: Piqsels 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment