Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Reading Notes: Nine Ideal Women (A)

For this week's reading, I wanted to go back and take a look at the nine ideal women readings we have looked at previously. I wanted to do this because I am interested in these story topics. I am also doing my project over women suffrage so looking more in-depth into these stories will help me out in the end.

I just so happened to be watching Disney's The Little Mermaid while reading over some of the stories in the book. I immediately noticed a resemblance in this movie and how most of these stories started out. In Sati's story, she is the youngest and the favorite of her fathers. Just how Ariel is King Tritons' favorite in the movie. I think for this week's story it would be really fun and something new if I was to put these two stories together.

Something unique I would like to try and complete is to create a song. I think this would fit the theme because Disney is known for all of their songs in their stories. I would try and create a story where King Trition first meets Ariel and falls in love with his daughter immediately. I would be sure to include key things from Sita's story such as how he calls her the most beautiful, fairylike, and exquisite.
This is a statue of a Mermaid in Denmark. By: PXHere


Bibliography:
Sita in Nine Ideal Women by Maharanee Sunity Devee


No comments:

Post a Comment