Thursday, April 2, 2020

Reading Notes Babbitt. More Jataka Tales (B)

In my previous post, I talked about how I enjoyed how much detail the Authors are able to provide in such a short story. While reading part B this weel I noticed another aspect that I enjoy about these short stories. It is how they provide just enough backstory right at the beginning. This is able to provide enough information to the reader able the main characters or aspects that are going to take place. In a way, I would consider this to be foreshadowing.
These three monkeys in a tree remind me of the ones in this story. Picture by: Get Coloring Pages


For this week's reading notes I like the story titled, How the Monkey Saved His Troop. I enjoyed this because the first two sentences provide a backstory and this is something I would like to try and do this week for my story. I notice in the stories I write I just throw the readers into the mix and let them catch on to what is going on. This week I would like to try something new that this story provides!

Bibliography: More Jataka Tales by Ellen C. Babbitt How the Monkey Saved His Troop

No comments:

Post a Comment