Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Reading Notes Babbitt. More Jataka Tales (A)

One of the main things I love about reading the Jataka Tales is the length and details. They are very short but can provide so many vivid details without having some things lost or overlooked. This is my main task for this week for me. I tend to get myself off-topic and provide so many unneeded characters or details. However, this week I want to only focus on one or two main points with the number of details seen in the tales we have been reading.

For part A I was drawn to the story of The Three Fishes. I like that it starts as a fairytale would which gives me a lot of inspiration to create a story out of this. There are so many things I can do to this story but focusing on the main storyline is my primary objective. Within this story, three fish (whos names are thoughtful, thoughtless, and very thoughtful) are swimming and get into some trouble in the river. Thoughtful and thoughtless did not adhere to the warnings made by very thoughtful and got stuck in a net. Fortunately very thoughtful was able to save them both and they lived happily ever after. After reading this story it would be very easy to spin it into a fairytale with three characters and a lot of important details.

This is the main quote I think of when it comes to fairytales. Picture by: Creative Commons Zero


Bibliography: More Jataka Tales by Ellen C. Babbitt The Three Fishes

No comments:

Post a Comment