Monday, March 23, 2020

Reading Notes: Jakata Tales Part B

For part B of this week's reading notes, I was drawn most to the story titled, The Banyan Deer. I loved this story immediately because of the amount of details put into it by the Author. Right off the bat, she hits you with how beautiful the deer is in while and gold. I would love to take this subtle detail and add it to one of my stories where it is this week or the next coming weeks. When the first thing you read is so much detail about one character they really stand out in your mind. I want to create this amazing imagery within all my stories and I think this is one easier way I could make this happen.

This is not exactly how I picture the deer but I do see it as lit up and beautiful. Picture from: Nikita Khandelwal
When it comes to this moral of the story is how one is able to sacrifice so much for someone else. In this story, the King od the Banyan deer decided to give his life so a new mother could live to take care of her child. It is selfless acts such as this that would be interesting to write about for this week.

Bibliography:
Jataka Talesby Ellen C. Babbitt The Banyan Deer

No comments:

Post a Comment