Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Reading Notes: PDE Mahabharata Part D

By: Maria Dawson
This is how I picture the foam on the water from the story: Picture by: Elena Campos Cea

      To keep the same theme for this week I decided to write my reading notes today on the story of The Forest and its Ghosts. In my previous post, I wrote how I would like to write a story about why Nakula died at the lake. Then I had the thought of combining these two stories to create one great one. I think this is a good idea because the story on Nakula does not go into much detail and I can fill in details of the lake from this new story.

       To combine these stories I will take the death of Nakula and the ghost. I really like this sentence "Suddenly the waters began to heave and foam". I might take this sentence and work it into my story by this being the telling sign the ghost are coming. This sign would then spook Nakula leading him to his death. During the comment of last week, I saw someone using a lot of images to be able to describe their story better. I would like to do that for my story this week as well. 

Bibliography: 
Indian Myth and Legend: The Forest and its Ghosts by Donald A. Mackenzie (1913).

No comments:

Post a Comment