Thursday, February 6, 2020

Reading Notes: PDE Ramayana Part D

The Bridge: Notes 


By: Maria Dawson

For this story, I imagine a bridge such as this one to be Rama's Bridge. Picture by: Louise McLaughlin of The New River Gorge Bridge

I was immediately drawn to this story in particular because of the vivid details and pictures it creates in your mind. Mackenzie, the author of this story, has a great way with words and using them to create such a detailed story with only a few. That's the one downside I see to this story, in particular, is that it only has 200 words and the one we need for our storytelling has to be at least 300. Therefore, if I choose to do mine over this one I will need to get creative. 

Creativity is something I can see myself having a lot of when it comes to this story this author is able to draw some very distinct comparisons which I believe I can replicate in my own way. In this story, I read about 6 distinct characters that all play a role so I can use this to my advantage when I am creating my own to keep the storyline similar. Another thing I would like to include in my post when creating one based on this author is naming a particular object after the main character. I believe this is the main point of this particular story and I should do the same with mine. 


Bibliography: Indian Myth and Legend by Donald A. Mackenzie (1913)

No comments:

Post a Comment