Monday, February 10, 2020

Reading Notes: Sita

Nine Ideal Women
By: Maria Dawson
In this story, there is mention of a baby reminding me of this carriage. Picture from OpenClipArt 
Right away from this story written by Sunity Devee within a book called Nine Ideal Women, I noticed a lot of backstory and details within this backstory. Within the first couple of paragraphs, I really like the internal dialogue inside the character's mind with the questions he is asking himself about the baby. I think this is a simple detail that would be easy to transform into my own writing. It is the first couple of paragraphs I am drawn to this story because it tells of a king wanting nothing more than a family which I find beautiful and would love to retell! I am also drawn to the story of how in order to marry Sita a man must be able to break a bow. I would like to tell this story from Sita's view and what she thinks of this task but also focus on making it a bit more modern. For this story, I would make sure the motifs are the same such as a king marrying his daughter away and the need for something to break to get her hand in marriage.

Bibliography: Nine Ideal Women Chapter Sita was written by Sunity Devee

No comments:

Post a Comment