Sunday, February 9, 2020

Storybook Plan

By: Maria Dawson
While looking around on Google I found this amazing image of a storybook that I wanted to include within this post! This picture is by HisLoveNeverFails
For this project, I have tried many paths and have done a ton of research on what interests me as a writer while also sticking to something I know very well. I started this research by narrowing down between wanting to look into Gods/Gossesses or Heroes/Heroines. While looking things up on heroines I found a subgenre called "Feminist Heroines", right up my ally. I love taking women and gender study classes to truly see how far women have come from while at the same time learning what we can do to improve. Being able to merge these two topics into one is something out of a dream!

During this more specific research, I have found three stories that interest me a lot. The first story is  Ruru and his wife Priyamvada this story is about love and sacrifice. The second story is called Shauntala: TheWoman Wronged which is about a woman who is seduced by a king and ultimately becomes pregnant where she raises the baby by herself. I would really like to recreate this one because I could easily rewrite it in today's modern times which is something I like to do. The third story is Savitri: The Perfect Wife I think this story was very feminist for its time and could be used to show how we take the main lesson learned, Savitri goes on to try and find her perfect husband instead of the husband being picked for her, into modern telling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment