Sunday, February 2, 2020

Topic Research: Heroines

ʜᴇʀᴏɪɴᴇꜱ

ʙʏ: ᴍᴀʀɪᴀ ᴅᴀᴡꜱᴏɴ

I choose this picture for my topic because she is the lead "face" of feminism in Canada. This picture is by Pixabay


To narrow down what I want my final project to be after poking around on some site I think I am going to decide to focus on heroines. To be more specific I would like to try and find some stories that talk over feminism and the female heroes within these stories that have helped progress us throughout society. However, I would also like to write about sacrifice seen within these epics. I would love some more ideas on types of epics that would fit within this category or examples. 

The first story I found during my research is the story of Ruru and his wife Priyamvada. In this story, his wife is bitten by a snake and dies without being with his wife Ruru gives half his life to her. What draws me to this story is the most is the love behind it and being able to create my own swing on this love story would be fun to complete. 

The second story that caught my eye is called Shauntala: TheWoman Wronged which is about a woman who is seduced by a king and ultimately becomes pregnant where she raises the baby by herself. I am inspired by this story because she is able to stay strong within all the miss happening in her life and I would like to tell her story in my own translation. 

The third story I am considering doing the project over is Savitri: The Perfect Wife. I am interested in writing my own version of this story because it starts out with a birth that was considered a miracle and its what she does with this miracle that impresses me. Savitri goes on to try and find her perfect husband instead of the husband being picked for her. I believe with this story I can show how she went through her life through the feminist view I see,

No comments:

Post a Comment