Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Reading Notes: Promila and Sakuntala

Sakuntala
By: Maria Dawson 
One of the main details or this story includes a ring I picture such as this one. This image is from OpenClipArt 
One of the first things I noticed in this particular story is the amount of dialog within it. For example, talking goes back and forth between multiple charters creating the scene very well. For this particular story, I am most interested in the last page where Dushmanta puts a ring on Sakuntala's hand and says some beautiful words to her. After this scene, this story ends by telling all the amazing things Sakuntala did for his people. If I was going to retell this story there are two different pathways I see myself creating. One is just simply making changes to this scene but creating modern-day storytelling. Within this story, I could have symbolism such as the ring used in this one and have my charter go on to accomplish amazing things after this such as this story. Or I can see myself just focusing on the things Sakuntala does for Dushmanata's people. In this story, all that is said is "and she gave general of his love to all his people" I would like to expand on the ways I see her giving to his people and the thankfulness they have towards the couple. I would take into consideration the amount of dialogue created by the author and use this in my own telling. 

Bibliography: Nine Ideal Women Chapter Sakuntala was written by Sunity Devee

No comments:

Post a Comment