Thursday, February 6, 2020

Story Lab: Writers Write

Writers Write dot co
By: Maria Dawson
Even though most of our modern-day writing is done on computers I still enjoy a nice pen. Picture by: Piqsels
I wanted to start this post by talking over the website WritersWrite.co.za itself. There are many things this website is doing that is helping new writers, like myself, and experienced writers! For example, they provide courses for writing, advice, and even a humor section for when you just need a breath of fresh air. What I think I love the most though is that the posts are written by writers who are reaching out to help others who could use this help. 

The first post that caught my eye was called "5 Ways To Choose A Pseudonym" By Amanda Patterson. I think what caught my eye first about this post was the word "pseudonym" because it looks so different written out than how you pronounce it. I am also very intrigued by using an alias of sorts to keep my life sort of private and mysterious. This post was really awesome to read because she gives 5 different genres and examples of how to create your own pseudonym for what you are writing. I'll do one just for fun!

"1. To Create A Romance Pseudonym
First Name: Name of your first pet or your mother’s name.
Surname: Name of the first street you lived on".

For me, I would use my first pet "Cooper" and the street I grew up on "Newport" and together we get 

Cooper Newport

I LOVE it! SO if you ever see a Cooper Newport secret writer I guess you know it is actually really me.

No comments:

Post a Comment