Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Reading Notes PDE Mahabharata Part B

The Burning Forest
By: Maria Dawson

I like this picture because it shows a fire but I also see how this fire looks greater. Picture by: RAJESH Misra

What I like about this particular story the most is how many ways I can change it into my one rendition and truly make it my own. The first inspiration I had with this story comes from the first paragraph where it tells how everyone was having fun and drinking. I think I could create an entire small storyline about this one part in particular. Another idea I have is about telling the last part of this story and the great fire and taking into consideration what survived the fire. I would use the survivors as the main symbol of this story may be in my story it was not a fire that killed everything but a great flood or another disaster. One thing I will definitely use in my story this week is how each of the paragraphs tells their own little story within this bigger story. 

Bibliography: 
The original story is from The Mahabharata, A Summary by John Mandeville Macfie (1921) and titled  The Burning Forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment